Songs-DB can play any kind of audio files because it uses WinAmp compatible
plug-ins for decoding. So it plays not only MP3s, WMAs and WAVs, but also
Audio CDs, OGG Vorbis, VQF and many other types. With proper
WinAmp compatible plug-in even video files can be played, so Songs-DB can
be used as an AVI or DivX player and music videos can accompany ordinary
Songs-DB uses WinAmp compatible skins for its internal
player and so you can choose among thousands of already created ones.
Songs-DB helps keep order in your music collection. It presents all songs in
an easily understandable way and simplifies you a lot of tasks. See below the
list of the main features.
Songs-DB can convert among wide range of audio formats. It can decode any
kind of file for which WinAmp input plug-in exists and encode it as a MP3,
WMA, WAV or some other format. Therefore Songs-DB converts MP3 to WAV, WAV to MP3,
MP3 to WMA, WMA to MP3, CDA to MP3 and many other ways.
Songs-DB can perform a song search in your music collection and give you
a list of songs fulfilling specified criteria immediately.
Audio CD Ripper (Audio Grabber)
Songs-DB can digitally extract audio CD tracks and convert them to virtually
any audio format.
Songs-DB uses freedb (CDDB replacement) for getting information about
Lyric of songs
... as well as many other properties can be stored for all songs. You can
enter (or automatically import from tags) all basic properties, like the song title,
artist and album name, a number of advanced properties, like ISDN, BPM or publisher name,
some long memos, like comments or music lyric and also several custom fields.
Audio CD Burner
Songs-DB can burn audio CDs directly in a comfort way. You can
also normalize songs before burning and include CD-Text information.
Nero - Burning Rom software is used for audio CD burning.
Songs-DB can do mass tagging of several media types, including MP3 (ID3v1 and
ID3v2 tags) and WMA tags.
Songs-DB can do mass renaming of files, based on information from tags, playlists
or any user specified data.
Songs-DB can read and write m3u playlists and store them in a tree structure.
Songs-DB can normalize MP3s, WAVs as well as other formats, either during playback,
grabbing, burning or audio conversion.
Songs-DB has a number of other remarkable features, here is a short list of some of them:
- Cache (Caches songs from removable media to HD - even from audio CDs)
- Previews (Can make very small (20-40kb) previews of songs on removable media)
- Can handle multiple CD-ROM drives and also any switch in drive letters is ok.
- Unlimited hierarchical playlists (including auto-playlists) helps in organizing
collection in any ways user chooses.
- All the time consuming operations (encoding, scanning, ..) work on background
in a separate thread, so user can continue in his/her work.
- Songs-DB cooperates very well with WinAmp, probably the most famous player.
- Has powerful querying system.
- Recognizes songs with duplicate content.
- Locates songs that were moved to another location than is stored in the database.
- Has nice, easy to use and also very powerful explorer-like interface.
- It will be possible to store audio CD covers soon.
- You can buy your favourite CDs directly from our partners